Dear User, we would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and thank you for your valuable contribution to the testing phase of the Keepsporting social network.
Please use all the the features available on the site with a focus on the sports that you know best and are most active in, then tell us about what you think doesn't work or could be improved. Let us know if you require additional features that would help you to practise or organise the sports that interest you and we will try to satisfy your needs by developing the necessary programs.
Please excuse any imperfections you may come across as you explore the site and have fun!
This agreement is drawn up in the English language. In the event of conflict between any translated versions of this agreement and the English language version, the latter shall prevail. Date of last revision: 28 April 2014.
The www.keepsporting.com website and the services available in these pages are provided by:
Office 311 Winston House, 2 Dollis Park – London – N3 1HF United Kingdom
To contact us please e-mail: email@example.com
Statement of rights and responsibilities
This statement of rights and responsibilities ("Statement", "Terms" or "DDR") governs our relationship with users and anyone who interacts with Keepsporting. Use or access to Keepsporting implies acceptance of this Statement, which may be updated periodically in accordance with section 11.
1. Sharing of content and information
Ownership of all content and information published on Keepsporting is held by the user, who can control how it can be shared for the Sportspersons and Sports Organisations categories by using the Privacy Settings. Given the nature of Business and Structures accounts, all their published content is public. In addition:
- The user grants Keepsporting a non-exclusive, transferable licence, which may be granted as a royalty-free worldwide licence, for the use of any content covered by rights of ownership, such as photos and videos ("Proprietary Content") posted on or in connection with Keepsporting ("Proprietary Licence").
- User publication of content or information as "Public", allows everyone, even people not registered with Keepsporting, to access and use this information and associate it with the user profile (i.e. to the user's name and image).
- When a user deletes Proprietary Content such content immediately becomes invisible to others, however backup copies may be retained for a given period of time.
- User comments or suggestions are welcome, however we are under no obligation to provide any recompense.
3. Protection of third party rights
Keepsporting respects the rights of third parties and expects the user to do the same.
- Keepsporting will support users in protecting their intellectual property rights. More details can be found on the Report problems page
- Actions that infringe third party rights or applicable laws are prohibited on Keepsporting.
- Keepsporting will, at its own discretion, disable the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others or applicable laws.
- Keepsporting will, at its own discretion, remove any content or information posted in violation of this Statement or our regulations.
- Users are entitled to appeal if they believe that content was erroneously removed by us for the reasons described above.
- Identity documents and sensitive financial information must not be posted on Keepsporting.
- Expicit consent must be obtained before sending email invitations to people who are not Keepsporting users.
- Users may not use Keepsporting copyrights or trademarks (including Keepsporting and Keepsporting logos) or similar symbols that may be misidentified without our written consent.
4. Mobile phones and other devices
In order that the user may synchronize their devices with any information that is visible to them on Keepsporting, even using an app, the user must provide their consent and all the necessary rights.
We are committed to making Keepsporting a secure site, and ask our users to support our efforts by following these guidelines:
- Do not attempt to access other users' accounts.
- Do not belittle, intimidate or harass other users.
- Do not use Keepsporting for any unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory purpose;
- Do not undertake illegal activities (such as pyramid schemes) on Keepsporting;
- Do not issue commercial communications on Keepsporting without our permission
- Do not collect other users' content or information;
- Do not access Keepsporting using automated tools (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- Do not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- Do not post the following content: pornographic material containing nudity or severe or gratuitous violence and threats, with incitements to hatred or violence;
- Impose appropriate age restrictions when developing or using third-party applications with content aimed at an adult audience (including advertising), such as alcohol-related applications or dating services.
- Follow our Promotion guidelines and all applicable laws if you advertise or organise competitions, special offers or prize draws ("promotions") on Keepsporting.
- Follow our events guidelines if your are offered competitions, internships, courses, training, outdoor locations and pursuits on Keepsporting.
- Follow ourAd guidelines if posting ads on Keepsporting.
- Do not take any action that could prevent, overload, impair or simply change the appearance or correct functioning of Keepsporting.
- Do not promote or encourage any violations of this declaration or our regulations.
6. Registration and account security
Keepsporting users must provide their real name and personal details. When registering, users undertake:
- To create a unique personal account with real personal details and up-to-date contact information.
- Not to use Keepsporting if under 13 years of age.
- Not to use Keepsporting if a convicted sex offender.
- Not to create a new account after disabling a previous account, unless explicitly authorised by Keepsporting.
- Not to create an account on behalf of a third party without the latter's consent.
- Not to engage in commercial activities of any kind in relation to the Keepsporting subscription without the prior authorisation of Keepsporting.
- Not to disclose their password (or, in the case of developers, the secret key), to third parties.
- Not to allow others to access their account.
- Not to transfer their account (including any administered pages or applications) to any third party without the prior written consent of Keepsporting.
- Keepsporting reserves the right to remove any username that is not real.
The following Payment terms govern payments on Keepsporting and the use of Keepsporting credits. Please note that some free services may become payable in the future.
8. Special provisions applicable to social plug-ins
The use of our social plug-ins on personal websites is subject to acceptance of the following terms:
- The user authorises users of his/her personal website and Keepsporting to post links or content on Keepsporting to which the social plug-ins relate;
- The user authorises Keepsporting and its users to use the above content and links;
- The user warrants that the content of his/her personal website pages with social plug-ins is compliant with this statement.
9. Provisions applicable to advertisers
Advertising purchased on Keepsporting may not target a specific audience. More specifically, the following shall apply:
- Keepsporting cannot control the number of clicks generated by the advertisements;
- Keepsporting shall not be held liable for any technical issues, fraud, or other activities, which although invalid, may affect the cost of the advertisements and are click-related;
- Keepsporting reserves the right to expand the target audience specified by the advertiser in order to increase advertising effectiveness;
- The posting and removal of advertisements is at Keepsporting's discretion;
- Keepsporting may use the advertisements and linked information for promotional and marketing purposes;
- Advertisers must comply with Keepsporting Payment terms;
- Advertisers must indicate the type of advertisement, their offer and the amount in the advertisement order (hereinafter "Order"). If Keepsporting accepts the Order it shall publish the advertisements as soon as they become available. Keepsporting cannot guarantee that the advertiser's target audience will always and, in any case, be reached
- Advertisements must comply with our Advertising guidelines;
- Keepsporting tracking systems shall keep track of the daily payment of advertising costs.
- Keepsporting shall decide the size and position of the advertisements;
- The Keepsporting license shall terminate on Order completion unless there has been user interaction with the advertisement, in which case it shall remain active until removed by the user;
- Keepsporting must expressly authorise the disclosure of information relating to the advertiser-Keepsporting relationship.
- Any user placing advertisements on behalf of third parties must:
- Have the latter's authorisation;
- Be legally bound to this Statement.
- Accept joint liability if the advertiser represented breaches this Statement;
- Advertisers may cancel previously submitted advertisements for technical reasons, however any such cancellation will not take immediate effect. The service fee shall be payable until the service is suspended;
10. Information relating to advertising and other commercial content supported or published by Keepsporting
So as to allow Keepsporting to maximise the value of the commercial content and advertisements placed by advertisers and users, the latter agree as follows:
- The user gives Keepsporting permission, within the limits set by the user under the Privacy settings, to use their name and profile picture in connection with sponsored or related commercial content (such as the user's favourite brands) that is published or supported by Keepsporting.
- Keepsporting does not provide advertisers with user information or content without user consent.
- Keepsporting may not always be able to identify which services and communications are paid services.
- We reserve the right to amend this Statement at any time.
- Users will be given at least five days' notice of any amendment of sections 7, 8 and 9 (relating to payments, social plug-ins and advertisers). Users will be given at least seven days' notice of all other amendments.
- Once we have amended our terms, uninterrupted use of Keepsporting shall constitute implicit acceptance of such amendments.
12. Special provisions applicable to software
- The user accepts not to modify or in any way attempt to extract code from our downloaded software, whether it be a standalone software product or a browser plug-in (hereinafter "Software"), unless expressly permitted to do so under an open source license or expressly authorised by Keepsporting in writing;
- Users accept that our software will perform automatic updates and upgrades for the purposes of improvement.
Keepsporting reserves the right to stop providing the services, in whole or in part, if the user's actions violate this statement, in substance or in form, or place the company at risk of legal reprisal. Users will be informed via e-mail notification or on their subsequent attempt to access the account. Users can disable their app or delete their account at any time. by making a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In which case, this Statement shall cease to have effect, but the following sections shall continue to apply: 1.2, 1.3, 3, 5, 6, 8.1, 8.2, 9.3, 9.10, 9.11, 9.13, 9.1, 9.4, 10.3, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17
- We do not control and direct the actions of Keepsporting users and are not therefore responsible for the content or information that users transmit or share on Keepsporting, even if they violate our user conduct rules. We shall not be held liable for any offensive or obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information on Keepsporting. We are not responsible for the online or offline conduct of any Keepsporting user. Users shall compensate and hold Keepsporting harmless for any damage, loss or expense (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) arising from claims relating to their actions, content or information.
- Any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) between us and the user arising from this statement or the use of Keepsporting shall be resolved in the Courts of England. This Declaration, and any dispute that may arise between the two parties, is governed by the law of England, regardless of conflict of law provisions. The user agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England in England, in the event of litigation relating to such disputes.
- Keepsporting is provided as is, without any express or implied warranty, including but not limited to fitness for a particular purpose. The user therefore agrees to use Keepsporting at their own risk. All sporting activities must be preceded by a thorough medical examination to evaluate any risks in relation to a person's health. Keepsporting shall not be held liable in relation to the activities carried out in connection with site content. We cannot guarantee that Keepsporting will always work without delay, disruption or imperfection or that it will always be secure or error-free. Keepsporting is not responsible for third party content, action, data or information. We, our employees, directors, agents and representatives, shall therefore be held harmless against any claims and damages, known or unknown, arising from its use, and we are not in any way connected with any complaints against the aforementioned third parties. we cannot be held liable for loss of profits or other consequential, indirect, special, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or with Keepsporting, even if we have been notified of the possibility of such damages. Our liability arising from this statement or from Keepsporting shall not exceed the amount of one hundred pounds (GBP 100) or the amount paid by the user in the last twelve months. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, therefore the aforementioned limitations or exclusions may not apply to the user. In this event, Keepsporting's liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
15. Special provisions applicable to all users
Our goal is to create a global community with consistent standards for all, in compliance with local laws. The following provisions shall apply to all those (users and non-users) who interact with Keepsporting:
- The user consents to their personal data being transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country (the "Processing countries")
- If the user is located in a country embargoed by the Processing countries, they shall not have the right to manage a website or platform application or engage in commercial activities on Keepsporting (such as payments or advertising).
- Specific terms also apply to users of German nationality. Such terms can be found here.
- By "Keepsporting" we mean a set of services and features available to users, through (a) the www.keepsporting.com website and through other Keepsporting or co-branded sites (including widgets, mobile and international versions, and subdomains); (b) our Platform and (c) social plug-ins and other similar products and (d) other media, software (such as toolbars), devices or existing or future networks.
- By "information" we mean factual and other information about the user, including the actions of users and non-users who interact with Keepsporting.
- By "platform" we mean a set of services and APIs (e.g. content) that allow data to be provided to Keepsporting or retrieved from Keepsporting by various subjects, including but not limited to, website operators and application developers, etc...
- By "use" we mean the following actions: copy, edit, translate, and create derivative work, use, display or publicly perform and distribute.
- By "content" we mean anything posted by users on Keepsporting that does not fall under the definition of "information".
- By "post" we mean making something available through Keepsporting or the act of posting something on Keepsporting.
- By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into Keepsporting at least once in the last thirty days.
- By "application" we mean any website or application that accesses or uses the platform, or anything else that receives or has received data from Keepsporting. If a user no longer accesses the platform but has not deleted their data from Keepsporting, this condition shall apply and shall be applied until the data is deleted.
- By "user data" or "data" we mean all types of data, including information or content that the user or third parties may provide Keepsporting or retrieve from Keepsporting through the platform.
- This Statement is an agreement between the user and Sporthub Ltd. References to "we" and "our" are references to Sporthub Ltd.
- This Statement constitutes the agreement between the parties on Keepsporting and supersedes any prior agreement.
- Failure to enforce any part of this Statement does not in any way constitute a waiver.
- If this Statement should be found to be partly unenforceable, the remaining part shall remain valid and in force.
- The user may not transfer any of the rights or obligations set out in this Statement without our consent.
- Any waiver or amendment of this Statement must be made in writing and be signed by us.
- This declaration does not confer any beneficial interest to third parties.
- In the event of an acquisition, merger, or sale of assets or a legal or other transaction, we may freely assign all our obligations and rights as set out in this Statement.
- Whenever using or accessing Keepsporting, the user undertakes to comply with all applicable laws.
- Nothing specified in this Statement can prevent us complying with the law.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to the user.
- Users taking part in events accept and are aware that, unless explicitly specified, the events are not organised or administered by Keepsporting
- Users who decide to participate in events organized on Keepsporting (competitions, internships, courses, trainings, outdoor locations and paths), whether they are organized directly by Keepsporting, or by other users (hereinafter referred to as "Organizers"), raise the organizers and Keepsporting from any liability with respect to such events (such as, by way of illustration but not limited to any damage or injury may arise from participation in the events themselves).
For further information on using Keepsporting, please consult the following documents:
Report problems: this page explains how to report privacy violations, account violations or anomalous accounts, intellectual property violations, abuse/harassment and site malfunction; you can also suggest improvements.
Promotions guidelines: these guidelines describe applicable regulations in the event of the user organising competitions, prize draws or other promotions on Keepsporting.
Event guidelines: these guidelines describe applicable regulations in the event of the user offering, proposing and/or organising competitions, workouts, training sessions, outdoor locations and routes on Keepsporting
Ad guidelines: these guidelines describe applicable regulations in the event of the user posting ads on Keepsporting.
Payment terms: these additional terms apply to all payments made on or through Keepsporting.
Advertising guidelines: these guidelines describe applicable regulations for advertisements posted on Keepsporting.
Trademark licensing centre: these guidelines set out the regulations applicable to the use of Keepsporting trademarks, logos and screenshots.
Community standards: these guidelines describe our expectations with regard to content published on Keepsporting and user activity on Keepsporting.
To view this document in other languages click on the language link, which you will find on most pages.